- In this section:
- BiFest Wales
- Access, dietary and families
- BiFest Wales 2015 photos
- BiFest Wales 2017 photos
- BiFest Wales supporters and volunteering
- Daytime workshop and social event 2019
- Evening live alternative music gig 2019
- Previous BiFest Wales events
- Venue, Travel and Accommodation
BiFest Wales – a history
BiFests are one-day events celebrating bisexuality, for bisexuals and bi-friendly people. Originating in London, it has now spread to several other UK locations.
Wales has had a BiFest since 2010, although it was originally in Cardiff in 2010, 2011 and 2012. After a year off in 2013 BiFest Wales has moved to Swansea, where the support of Swansea YMCA helped us to keep entry prices down and make the event affordable.
After a successful, if small, event on 5th October 2013 BiFest Wales returned to Swansea YMCA on Saturday 10th May 2014 and added an evening live alternative music gig to the programme.
2014 , 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 were successful events, although costs are rising and we currently run at a loss covered by committee donating personally to cover the loss.
We’re returning, to Swansea YMCA, with a full daytime workshop, social space and information event and evening live alternative music event on Saturday 11th May 2019. BiFest Wales is now a regular, annual event, usually on the second Saturday of May.
Will I be welcome at BiFest Wales?
BiFest Wales welcomes anyone bi supportive. Although BiFests are bisexual community events, themed around bisexuality and promoting a safe, inclusive space with discussions around bisexuality, we welcome anyone who’s supportive of bisexuality and bi people. This includes:
- Bi people
- People who are questioning or think they may be bi
- Pansexual, Polysexual and Onmisexual , biromantic etc. people
- People attracted to more than one gender who use a different term or no term
- And anyone who’s interested in coming along and learning more or sharing in the event, whether bi, lesbian, gay, straight, or another term.
Posters and leaflets
BiFest Wales relies on the support of people who are interested, supporters, individuals and organisations to spread the word and get people involved.
Leaflets and posters for you to print and display or download and send by email to your contacts will be available here in 2019.
If you cannot print in colour on the stipulated size for whatever reason please contact email@example.com and we’ll arrange to meet you or send you copies asap.
We are extremely grateful to anyone who’s happy to give leaflets to their friends, put a poster up at work, or spread the word any way you can.
Many thanks to our volunteer designer:
- Mat Robinson-Burt who also volunteers for London Welsh www.londonwelsh.org
Please feel free to print posters and leaflets or contact us for copies.
A6 single double-sided flyer
A4 colour poster (English only)
A4 poster – English only – BiFest Wales 2019 PDF
A4 colour poster (Cymraeg/Welsh only)
A4 poster Cymraeg – BiFest Wales 2019 PDF
Evening alternative gig A4 posters and A6 flyers
Check out the page on venue, travel and accommodation for maps, travel information and a list of hotels in Swansea here
There’s more details on the evening event here
There’s more details on the daytime event here
For information on access, dietary requirements, and arrangements for families click here
Information from other organisations
Community groups, charities, trade unions and public sector organisations are welcome to bring a maximum of 2 types of leaflets promoting their organisation and services of interest to bi people and allies. Please note we have a community information area with tables containing leaflets from all organisations together.
If you want more stall space we have very limited individual stalls available as part of sponsorship opportunities only for £50 for half a table and £100 for a full table and pull-up or other banner. Please email: BiCymru@yahoo.co.uk for more information
We’re also looking for raffle prizes and food donations. If you have any links or want to offer prizes please contact us at BiCymru@yahoo.co.uk
We welcome support from volunteers. BiFest Wales relies on the support of volunteers to make the event a success and keep entry prices low.
- Registration desk throughout the day and evening;
- Meet and greet volunteers
- Helping us promote the event to the media, to different groups, getting leaflets and posters out there
- Running a workshop
- Meeting people at the train and bus stations.
- Welsh translation
- People to help us get raffle prize donations
- Donating printing
- Live music performers (rock, metal, punk, goth, industrial or other alternative style)