- In this section:
- BiFest Wales
- Access, dietary and families
- BiFest Wales supporters
- Daytime workshop and social event 2016
- Evening live music social event 2016
- Previous BiFest Wales events
- Venue, Travel and Accommodation
BiFest Wales – a history
BiFests are one-day events celebrating bisexuality, for bisexuals and bi-friendly people. Originating in London, it has now spread to several other UK locations.
Wales has had a BiFest since 2010, although it was originally in Cardiff in 2010 and 2011. After a year off in 2013 BiFest Wales has moved to Swansea, where the support of Swansea YMCA has helped us to keep entry prices down and make the event affordable.
After a successful, if small event, on 5th October 2013 BiFest Wales returned to Swansea YMCA on Saturday 10th May 2014 and added an evening live alternative music gig to the programme.
2014 and 2015 were so successful that with the support of Swansea YMCA we are returning with a full daytime workshop, social space and information event and evening live alternative music event on Saturday 14th May 2016.
About BiFest Wales 2016
Saturday 14th May 2016
Daytime workshop, social and information event
Registration from 12 noon. First workshop 12:30pm. 6pm finish.
The Theatre, 1st Floor, Swansea YMCA, 1 The Kingsway, Swansea, SA1 5JQ
Daytime: £2 entry
Pay on the door
Babies, children and young people under 16 welcome with a responsible adult. Under 16s get free entry
Includes some light refreshments throughout the daytime event.
Combined day and evening entry: £5 (under 16s free)
During the day there will be:
- A set of workshops themed around bisexuality and related issues
- A set of workshops themed around craft, games and getting to know other people
- A craft space with materials
- Bi and community information area
- Meet and mingle social space
- Name the unicorn competition
Details of further workshops will be posted here, as they are announced.
BiFest Wales 2016 – evening live alternative music and DJ party/gig
Doors 7:30pm. First live act: 7:45pm. Ends: 11:45pm.
Evening Entry: £4. Under 16s free.
Pay on the door.
There will be a bar in the Theatre, open throughout the evening.
This evening gig is open to people of all ages. Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult, but are welcome. Only the adult is allowed to purchase drinks and some of the acts contain explicit lyrics.
Please bring ID, as the bar will require ID for alcohol purchases due to the event being open to young people.
An exciting variety of live music and local DJs are supporting BiFest Wales 2016. More details to be announced soon here.
Will I be welcome at BiFest Wales?
BiFest Wales welcomes anyone bi supportive. Although BiFests are bisexual community events, themed around bisexuality and promoting a safe, inclusive space with discussions around bisexuality, we welcome anyone who’s supportive of bisexuality and bi people. This includes:
- Bi people
- People who are questioning or think they may be bi
- Pansexual, Polysexual and onmisexual , bi-romantic etc. people
- People attracted to more than one gender who use a different term or no term
- And anyone who’s interested in coming along and learning more or sharing in the event, whether bi, lesbian, gay, straight, or another term.
Posters and leaflets
BiFest Wales relies on the support of people who are interested, supporters, individuals and organisations to spread the word and get people involved.
Leaflets and posters for you to print and display or download and send by email to your contacts will be available here soon.
If you cannot print in colour on the stipulated size for whatever reason please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange to meet you or send you copies asap.
We are extremely grateful to anyone who’s happy to give leaflets to their friends, put a poster up at work, or spread the word any way you can.
Many thanks to our volunteer designers:
- G John Rees who designed the evening gig flyer and you can check out at www.gjohnrees.com
- Mat Robinson-Burt who also volunteers for London Welsh www.londonwelsh.org
Please feel free to print posters and leaflets or contact us for copies.
Check out the page on venue, travel and accommodation for maps, travel information and a list of hotels in Swansea here
There’s more details on the evening event here
There’s more details on the daytime event here
For information on access, dietary requirements, and arrangements for families click here
Information from other organisations
Community groups, charities, trade unions and public sector organisations are welcome to bring 1 or 2 types of leaflets promoting their organisation and services of interest to bi people and allies. Please email: BiCymru@yahoo.co.uk for more information
We’re also looking for raffle prizes and food donations. If you have any links or want to offer prizes please contact us at BiCymru@yahoo.co.uk
We welcome support from volunteers.
- Registration desk throughout the day and evening;
- Meet and greet volunteers;
- Helping us promote the event to the media, to different groups, getting leaflets and posters out there;
- Running a workshop;
- Meeting people at the train and bus stations.
- Welsh translation